Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
haleighmarie5
My Device: Not Specified

Why can't I send or receive MMS messages?

I just got my Blackberry Curve 2 days ago.  I played around with it, trying to learn it and I took a picture and then sent it to see how it worked.  It worked fine.  It sent and the person received it.  I sent 2 more pictures the same day nd everything worked fine.  I could even receive messages too.  But the next day, and today I have tried sending picture messages and it won't send.  It will load and act like it's going to send but then it will just sit there in my message option with the clock icon beside it like it's trying to send but never does.  It doesn't even tell me that it's unable to send.  The message just sits there.  And also, I can't receive picture messages anymore.  They just won't even come through.  Can anybody help me?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Why can't I send or receive MMS messages?

with the device on, pull your battery out for 20 seconds and put it back in, wait till you are fully booted and try again

what are the letters next to your signal strength?

do normal SMS text messages work, and do emails work?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
haleighmarie5

I took the battery out and put it back in, and it worked.  The letters next to my signal strength are 1XEV and sometimes 1X.  Normal text messages work fine and I haven't tried to send an email yet, but I can receive them. 

One more question:  How often will this happen?  Will this be a hassle?  Will I have to take the battery out every time something doesn't seem to work right?  Or will this just be a one time thing?

Thank you for your help! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

if you have 1X, you will probably need to reboot, its like when windows on your PC isnt working right, you reboot to fix it. your BB is just a small PC.

yyou can also do ALT+CTRL(aA)+DEL keys which will also reboot your BB

you should always ahev 1XEV with your data plan

shouldnt happen too often

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IZ4REAL

[ Edited ]

ok, i am having a simuliar problem. I tried to update my software then used desktop manager to back things up... all of a sudden my phone will not allow me to send MMS messages. I live by my text messaging and am going crazy not being able to communicate with text. even before that I would only get MMS messages after I rebooted my phone.... and only at reboot. PLEASE PLEASE someone help me!!!!

thank you

mark 

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-16-2009 07:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

MMS is not texting

MMS = pictures by text messeging

SMS = test messeging

for sms all you need is signal strength and phone service

for mms you need a data plan

have you called your carrier?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IZ4REAL

OH, yes I realize this but here is the rub:

I am a boost subscriber who bought and is using his Boost mobile SIM card in her Blackberry phone. The issue I am having is that my phone (after trying to update the software) is now saying that I have no MMS Service Record. It was at first working fine but then I tried to backup and restore my data and that's when the situation came about. I do not have an option to use SMS at all and the email system never worked. Please... did I damage the software? Can I upgrade? How do I fix the MMS situation. Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

SMS is on any cell with a phone plan, even BBs. its carrier related

MMS requires you to add the data plan to your BB

if you have the data plan and do not have the MMS option, call your carrier to send you your service books

as for SMS, you do have it, you just may not have an icon.

your messeges icon will work for SMS

open messages and click on menu key, choose compose

you should have 

compose email, pin, sms, mms, i also have instant message and facebook

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IZ4REAL

Well I have gotten that far but there is no SMS option. In fact I don;t know where to find it anywhere on my phone. there is email (which doesn't work) and there is PIN which doesn't work... but SMS... does not come up as an option
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

well for 1, SMS should always be an options, may need to do a security wipe or reinstall the BB software

for 2, since you can not do PIN or email, that means you do not have a data plan, and thats why you cant do MMS

Please use plain text.