If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ca_fc
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Why does my phone keep turning itself off during an update!?

Lately I have been having the 'white screen of death' which has happened about 15 times in the last 10 days. The only way that my phone turns itself back on is by charging it. However, I do not carry a charger around with me so this is not convenient.

I went into my nearest phone shop who have advised me to do an update on the computer as this should fix the problem as I have had my blackberry since late 2009 so the software I am using is most likely to be out of date.

However, during the update on my laptop, about a quarter of the way though, my phone turns itself off causing the update to fail due to not being able to recognise a phone connected. I have tried to update my phone about 4 times but the same thing happens everytime and I have no idea why.

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows how to fix this, I would be really grateful for a response.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.