Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ve2h8lae
My Device: Curve 8310

Why doesn't calendar sync anymore?

My BB Curve 8310 with BB Desktop 5.0 was synchronizing perfectly with my address book and calendar UNTIL it downloaded and installed the BB 4.5 Software and BB 4.5 Core Application programs. Now, it will only synchronize the address book from Outlook 07. I have restarted both the computer and the phone, but this does not help. The BB desktop software synchronization set-up still shows that it is supposed to synchronize the address book and calendar. What did the 4.5 change? Can/should I uninstall the new 4.5 programs and replace them with whatever was there before (I have no idea what that was)? Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Why doesn't calendar sync anymore?

This KB article may be useful: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02362&sliceId=1&docTy...

This one may be too, although it is for Desktop Manager 4.3: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16194&sliceId=1&docTy...

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve2h8lae

Thank you, Kijuanasmart. I took a bold risk (I'm not a techy) and uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.5 application software, because this is when the problem started. Guess what...it worked! I am guessing that the original 4.5 application download/install didn't work correctly. Now, both the address book and calendar sync as they did before. Let's hope it stays that way. Thank you again for your help!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Glad you got it fixed :smileyhappy: Uninstalling and reinstalling the software isn't a major deal even if you're not techy. The more you mess around with the computer and phone the more techy you'll become lol! That's how I've crashed my phone and computer several times and still got it up and running again :smileyhappy:

Make sure to click on the appropriate post as "solution" so that other people can find this information quicker.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Glad to see you got it fixed. Excellent job! :smileyhappy:

If all is syncing well again, now would be a good time to get in the habit of getting a good backup of your device. I backup whenever I sync.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve2h8lae

Thank you, Kijanasmart and IrwinII, for your replies and welcomes. I tried to click "solve" when I posted the resolution to my problem, but it does not appear on my screen. In fact, each of the postings to this subject all run off the screen and are not visible (such as "kudos" and "solved"). If you can see them, please click for me. Thanks again :0)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

You are welcome. :smileyhappy: That's one of the reasons the forums are here. Seems you did the work. Kijana and I are just a couple of the users here to help & advise.

Only the OP (original poster) can solve a thread, though anyone can give kudos.

You should see the solve box on the right of each post. Try viewing on your pc's browser if you haven't been. My BB browser doesn't show solve or kudos either, but that may be due to the settings I (and maybe you) have selected for it.

Hope you learned some of the lingo and are now more comfortable moving around the forums.

If you haven't had a chance, head onover to the Welcome & Intro forum and introduce yourself. Great to have you here! :smileyhappy:
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve2h8lae

Hi IrwinII,
I can't view the right side of any posts or any buttons. They run off the screen. I even tried to zoom in/out the screen, and they don't appear. ??? Sorry!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

[ Edited ]

Hey, no problem.  I adjusted my Browser Configuration (browser-menu-options) so that the check boxes are ON for Support Embedded Media and Support Style Sheets and I can now see the Kudos button! :smileyhappy: Not sure which of those two, or both, effected that particular change in my browser's screen appearance, :smileysad:, but maybe another user can tell me.  

Those changes give a much more polished look to the forum pages, but the pages are more complex with those enabled so it takes longer to load the data, run the script and render the page.   Tradeoff I suppose.  Try those changes or log on your pc and you should be able to see them then.  

Keep coming back. :smileyvery-happy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ve2h8lae wrote:
Hi IrwinII,
I can't view the right side of any posts or any buttons. They run off the screen. I even tried to zoom in/out the screen, and they don't appear. ??? Sorry!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think I see what you mean.  I'm writing in another thread tonight, but the second page on my pc's browser cuts off the right end of the page.  No Solve or Kudos either.  Just like you were saying.  Funny thing is, it isn't all the threads and this one hasn't run to a second page. YET.  LOL.

We're probably overloading the BB servers! :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by IrwinII on 07-25-2009 10:44 PM
IrwinII
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gramercygirl
My Device: Not Specified

Hi there,

I'm having the same-ish problem but didn't understand the solution in this thread. I have Outlook 2003 and Curve 8330. Just downloaded BB desktop manager 5.0 and now my calendar is not synching despite the setup being configured to do so. Can someone repost the fix? Do I need to go back to Desktop Manager 4.7 (or whatever the previous version was)?

Thank you!!!

Please use plain text.