Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Subh4n
My Device: Bold - 9780

Why is there no Battery backup in Curve 9360?

Hi everyone.

I am a user of Blackberry Curve 9360.

I don't get battery backup when my battery comes to an end.

My friend has Blackberry bold 9700. He has battery backup.

When his battery goes less than 5% battery, he restart (battery pull) his phone and he gets 15% battery extra. 

But when I tried to do that, nothing happens. Why is this so ? OR that battery backup thing is only available in Bold models?

Thanks in advance.

- Subhan

Regards,
Subhan
http://twitter.com/Subh4nHB
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Why is there no Battery backup in Curve 9360?

Hi Subh4n

Our BlackBerry Batteries are lithium ion which do not have memory , It attains a full charge within 2 to 3 hrs of charging.Also we should note that it should go below 10 %  ,Continous draining and using below  this level may actually reduce our BlackBerry battery life , Also what you friend is doing is not a good Idea , while reboot it takes a lot of battery resourses and rebooting at 5 % is not wise, his on device battery meter might be out of sync that is the reason he might be getting extra but I am sure his battery may show  drainage at faster rate .

There are no such battery backup for any Bold or any other BlackBerry Smartphone.On your BlackBerry 7 smartphone you can unable battery saving mode , set it to 20 % so that it may warn you when it reach that level which I think is a best practice to maximize our BlackBerry Battery.

In addition you can read this Article from Battery University which might help you How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
Subh4n
My Device: Bold - 9780

Thanks.

Regards,
Subhan
http://twitter.com/Subh4nHB
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hey Subh4n

You are most welcome ...

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.