Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
nicaromeo
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Wi-Fi Problem on BlackBerry 8520 Curve

I have a wi-fi problem , i connect the device to the router , the connection apears to be ok but when i try the browser its saying "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later." , i have another phone conected to the same router and its working fine , i dont understand why its not working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicaromeo

Re: Wi-Fi Problem on BlackBerry 8520 Curve

So we buy the phones and when we come with a problem nobody from this company offer a solution. Its a verry nice way to respect your customers. I pay for this device so i want it fully functional and i dont want to hear about making i dont know what with my isp to use the wi-fi , i used with this router 3 phones until now , 2 samsungs and 1 nokia , all of them worked just fine , then i buyed that bb 8520 and the wi-fi doesnt work , give me a solution to make it work.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello, and welcome to the community.

Let's start there, shall we? This site is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help out other kind souls to the best of their abilities. It is not a user-to/from-RIM formal support channel. Rather, it is user-to-user. As such, the volunteers have lives to live, just like you.

So, now to your issue...please describe exactly the steps you undertake to configure your BB for your WiFi network. Don't leave anything out, please (well, except for passwords and such...please don't reveal those).

Also, have you tried it on any other WiFi networks (e.g., free HotSpots elsewhere)? Just as a test, to see if perhaps it's a configuration issue.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
falcon_night
My Device: BlackBerry bold 9700
My Carrier: Viva kuwait

hi all as i have the same issue so i will give fully detailed discription of what i suffer from

1- i have 2 bb bold 9700 and curve 8520 

2- when i open the wirless connection i start the search for the avilable wirless networks

3- i select the router name then i apply my password 

4- i press connect on both phones bold 9700 and curve 8520

5- the router name appears on the bb screen but for  the curve 8520  wi fi mark still shaded not active but on the other habd the bold 9700 wi fi signal appears and i can browes and connect to the internet 

so how can i fix this problem with the curve 8520 

and thanks

Best Regards'
Falcon_night
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicaromeo

Sorry then :smileysad: , i solved the problem making downgrade to version 4.6 , looks like the problem is from software version 5.0 , now i have other problem , its saying to activate radio to use bb app world and i dont know what radio i must activate and other problem is that now i cant put version 5.0 of the software , why the hack its so complicated?When i try to update the software to 5.0 its saying that i need an active bb service subscription. Any ideea how i can install the software again?

Please use plain text.