Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Curley13
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G 9320
My Carrier: Talkmobile
Accepted Solution

Wifi Hotspot Activation Error

Hello,
So I have a bb 9320 it is on a data plan and I haved tried to turn on wifi hotspot thing and it says activation required can some one tell me how to fix this and If it is free or not
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Wifi Hotspot Activation Error

Your cellular network provider may have blocked the wifi hotpspot service on your subscription as some of them ask you to take an additional connection. Contact the service provider to have it enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Curley13

Is it free?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

Some of the service providers such as At&T charge for the service. Many others who provide limited data plans provide it for free. I am not sure about your service provider.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Curley13

Mines talkmobile but it says vodaphone mobile when I phone customer support and when I turn on mobile wifi hotspot
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

talkmobile is a virtual network provider which runs on Vodafones network. I dont think you can use hotspot on it. You may contact talkmobile for further details.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Curley13

Okay thank you for helping me out. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.