Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Wifi and DNS settings

Hello,

I took delivery of my Blackberry today. In order to connect any device to my wireless network at home I have to specify the DNS address, otherwise it won't connect. Automatic DNS configuration doesn't work. I don't know why but it's never been a major inconvenience.

Until today. With the Curve 8900 it's all or nothing. Either automatic DNS and IP address or manually configure everything. I can't manually configure an IP address as I don't have a static IP assigned. Is there any way to mix manual DNS with automatic IP?

many thanks,

Phil

Re: Wifi and DNS settings

Dear Phil,

I am facing the same problem, have you managed to figure it out yet?

Mini.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wifi and DNS settings

sann0116 wrote:

Hello,

I took delivery of my Blackberry today. In order to connect any device to my wireless network at home I have to specify the DNS address, otherwise it won't connect. Automatic DNS configuration doesn't work. I don't know why but it's never been a major inconvenience.

Until today. With the Curve 8900 it's all or nothing. Either automatic DNS and IP address or manually configure everything. I can't manually configure an IP address as I don't have a static IP assigned. Is there any way to mix manual DNS with automatic IP?

many thanks,

Phil

Do you have to have a security code to access your wifi? I have mine through AT&T and I was given a security code. I have to give it to anybody that uses my wifi (visiting family only). When I set up the wifi on my bb I had to enter the security code there.