Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
VarietyOfLife
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Wifi and videos problems :(

Hi, my name is VarietyOfLife, I'm new on the forums. I have the blackberry curve 8530, (best b-day gift ever) Well let me cut to the chase, for 4 months I;ve been having these problems

1) I cannot watch youtube videos. Before you say anything, yes, I have tried all the youtube player apps, bolt browser, vu clip etc, its just a non stop buffer, error message, or when it does play its glitchy :smileysad: It worked once on my college's wifi.

2) I can't connect to my home's wifi. I have at&t 2wire. Everytime I try it says Failed to obtain an IP address.

Please help 

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
cclye
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Wifi and videos problems :(

Hi,

Can't help you with video issues because I am not well-versed with that. But lets see whether I can help you with your browser problem on Wi-Fi.

My suspicion is that what you faced is similar to what I faced for some time. A clue lies with your input that your phone works on your college's Wi-Fi network but not your home.

1. The problem seem to lie with the Wi-Fi router security settings. Check yours to see whether you have selected WEP(legacy) or WPA2(latest).

2. I read in one of these forums that BB has not updated their smartphones to work with WPA2 and it seem that my trusted WEP is also a problem now. I switched to "WPA only" security settings and corrected my Wi-Fi network profile on my BB Torch. Once I corrected the Wi-Fi security protocol, I can browse smoothly and super-fast on my home Wi-Fi network.

Please use plain text.