Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
IceGeez
My Device: BB Curve 9300

Re: Wifi connected but no internet

I have the same problem with my BB Curve 9300. The wifi says am connected and with the browser configuration set to Hotspot. But when i tried browsing the internet, it says "unable to find the requested server". My phone's wifi was perfectly working for almost a year now until recetly where it can no longer connect to the internet despite being connected to a wifi. I've tried a few tips and tricks from various website, still it's not working. I can't even browse/load BB App World! HELP please. 

It seems that this is something to do with BB as a lot of people owning BB have similar problem. SOS!

New Contributor
Wobbin
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I have the same problem with my bb 9800, yesterday it worked fine and now it makes connection but i cant acces the internet. Do you guys found a solution?

Contributor
AlexBelzFra
My Device: Q5

I have the same problem with my BB Torch 9800

* At home, it works great (I can surf on the internet using Wifi only mode ; through my personnal ADSL gateway)

* When travelling, It also works : I can access Wifi hotspots.
I just need to start the internet browser, try to launch www.google.com , and the BB automatically redirects me to the identification page of the hotel. Then I just need to enter the given hotel password.

* At work, it DOES NOT WORK

My company says that no restriction is applied for internet access. Nevertheless...

- I can connect to the work Wifi  (secured WPA2 enterprise, PEAP, with certificate, login/password)

- I can ping the wifi gateway

- I can ping computers & servers on the local network

- I can resolve www.google.fr by DNS in the BB9800

> But I do NOT succeed to browse it .

> none of the internet-based application work (for instance BB AppWorld, or google app).
   They stay stucked (green loop)  while retrieving information from the internet...

Any idea ?

Regards.

b_saqlain
My Device: tarch 9800

yes i had same problem   and i manged to sort it out :smileyhappy:

Contributor
AlexBelzFra
My Device: Q5

Hi b_saqlain ,

What is the trick ?