02-07-2012 02:44 AM
I have the same problem with my BB Curve 9300. The wifi says am connected and with the browser configuration set to Hotspot. But when i tried browsing the internet, it says "unable to find the requested server". My phone's wifi was perfectly working for almost a year now until recetly where it can no longer connect to the internet despite being connected to a wifi. I've tried a few tips and tricks from various website, still it's not working. I can't even browse/load BB App World! HELP please.
It seems that this is something to do with BB as a lot of people owning BB have similar problem. SOS!
03-14-2012 06:04 AM
I have the same problem with my BB Torch 9800
* At home, it works great (I can surf on the internet using Wifi only mode ; through my personnal ADSL gateway)
* When travelling, It also works : I can access Wifi hotspots.
I just need to start the internet browser, try to launch www.google.com , and the BB automatically redirects me to the identification page of the hotel. Then I just need to enter the given hotel password.
* At work, it DOES NOT WORK
My company says that no restriction is applied for internet access. Nevertheless...
- I can connect to the work Wifi (secured WPA2 enterprise, PEAP, with certificate, login/password)
- I can ping the wifi gateway
- I can ping computers & servers on the local network
- I can resolve www.google.fr by DNS in the BB9800
> But I do NOT succeed to browse it .
> none of the internet-based application work (for instance BB AppWorld, or google app).
They stay stucked (green loop) while retrieving information from the internet...
Any idea ?