Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Will Plantronics Voyager Pro work w BB 8900

There's confusing info on net regarding Bluetooth headset compatability with BB 8900.

T-Mobile website says Plantronics 520 and 935 work w 8900.

A call to T-Mobile did not give me info re Voyager Pro compatablity.

BB website says in thier compaability section there is no outside bluetooth headset vendor compatability for BB 8900.

Plantronics says their Voyager Pro works with most cell phones.

CNET rates the Plantronics Voyager Pro best for sound quality.

Since wind suppression sound quality is most important for me I am trying to find someone who has tried to mate the Voyager Pro w the BB 8900.

I'm not near any retail stores handling the Voyager Pro. 

Has anyone tried to mate the Plantronics Voyager Pro to the BB 8900?

Websites don't seem to have the most reliable compatibility info.

Update:  I got a better T-Mobile Tech Support contact who said the Plantronics Voyager Pro is compatible w BB 8900.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Will Plantronics Voyager Pro work w BB 8900

I'm using Plantronics 520. First I connected it to BB8100, it was working perfectly for a long time, then I bought BB8900. It works, but BB8900 sometimes ignores this 520 for unknown reason. It's connected, I see both the phone and P520 are blinking and it looks like they are working. But not at all. Probably I missed some settings to make BB8900 always use Plantronics if BT is available. Although I'm not having any troubles with my car blue tooth set, it's built-in and works great.