Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Will memory card need to be formated when 4.5 is released?

Shortly after I got my blackberry I purchased an 8 gig memory card. When I formated it when I got it it said it was only a 3.6 gig. So I explained this to AT&T and they told me it was because my phone only supported a 4 gig. So that was all fine and great and wonderful. Now I realize that it is hard to have all the answers for questions about the 4.5 OS. But I hear that the new OS will support an 8 gig memory card. If that is true then here is my question. When I upgrade to 4.5 will I need to format my card so my device knows it's an 8 gig? If I leave it and don't format it will it still use up to 8 gig even thought it only says 3.6? And finally I know when you upgrade to 4.5 you have to make a backup of your device so you don't lose anything. I have no idea how to do that but I will worry about that when the time comes. But is there a way to backup the memory card as well? Like can I load it all onto my desktop and transfer it back later? Ant help would be appreciated. Thanks.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.