09-18-2009 11:23 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-19-2009 12:13 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forums!
I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install DTM to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Start the organizer configuration over:
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Good luck and let us know!
09-20-2009 06:18 AM
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I did everything you requested but alas it failed again. I shutdown and restarted after each step. This time it started processing the calendar records, did some and in the second pass it failed. Most annoying. I never had the OS update installed in the first place, but have now installed the Curve 8310 devise OS package for my carrier.
Sorry about this, do you have any other ideas.
09-20-2009 11:30 AM
Is there any error message at all? It is hard to search the public KB's for general failures...but you are welcome to do so, btw:
09-20-2009 05:18 PM
It fails when PROCESSING DEVICE CALENDAR It processes some calendar entries and completes very quickly (around 3 seconds) and then fails. There is no error number, its just a general Windows Vista fault message.
09-23-2009 03:16 AM
I have managed to capture whan is happening.
1. It successfuly processes the CONTACTS
2. It READS the Device Calendar
3. Process around 12 entries and then
4. I get Window Error and it shuts down Desk Top manager
I am spent so much time on this, I find it very annoying
has anyone seen this
10-10-2009 05:59 AM
Problem Solved. Have you email calendar synch with google calandar and have your BB synch with that, its works.
RIM you need to fix this though
02-09-2010 03:40 PM
I am having the same problem with the update. My contacts update and then it gets to calendar item 55 and the software shuts down. I have shutdown the computer, changed USB cords, and tried to update via bluetooth to skip the USB process, but nothing works. I am on Vista too. Can you share step by step what helped you?