Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Wipe Data and reinstallation

I am planning to do a factory reset on my phone (9220). I would like to know if it is safe to wipe the phone clean including the OS and reinstalling it again. I have already created a backup after the update to the latest software. I have read on a forum about a guy who gave instructions on how to do it. And it seems that a lot of people followed the instructions correctly and gave out positive feedback.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Wipe Data and reinstallation

Re-installing your official OS is safe, especially as you have already done a backup.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Solutions: 6,197
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wipe Data and reinstallation

Performing a security wipe on the device (to delete all data) and wiping to reload the OS are two different things.

I've often wiped my BlackBerry to error 507 (meaning no OS is present) many times, that's much more like formatting your hard drive on a PC and can be done using BBSAK pc software with your BlackBerry connected.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code