Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
Accepted Solution

Wish to stop receiving from old email account

When I first set up my blackberry I linked my hotmail account to it so I could check emails. My hotmail account was very spam-heavy so I recently decided to get a new fresh gmail account and get all the services I use (Facebook, Steam, Skype etc etc) changed over to that so I need never use the hotmail one again.

The problem is that I still recieve emails from my hotmail account on my phone. I have 3 folders in my main menu, one "Messages" which shows my gmail messages and bbm messages, just as I want it. A "***@gmail.com" folder which shows only my emails, which I am happy with also. But I also have a "***@hotmail.co.uk" folder which is constantly needing attention due to the spam emails still received by that account.

After searching through these forum as much as my eyeballs would let me I am left with no choice but to ask here. I would like to know if there is a way to unlink that account from my phone so that I am never alerted about any emails to that account and if there is a way to remove the hotmail message folder from my phone completely.

I eagrely await any help and/or suggestions. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

Re: Wish to stop receiving from old email account

Go to Email Setup on your handset and delete the hotmail account from there.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

Re: Wish to stop receiving from old email account

That worked completely and I now feel like a buffoon for not figuring that out  myself.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this with the same problem, from the main menu I went to "Setup" then to "Email Settings", selected the offending account and clicked "delete".

My many thanks to you for your swift and effective advice :smileyhappy: