Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ChrisFrancz
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Won't Purchase Another Blackberry

I've had a Curve since 2008. I got a newer Curve last January when I renewed my Verizon contract. I'm extremely disappointed with the overall slugishness of the phone. I thought it would be better than my old curve with the freeze ups, white screens, "uncaught exception" and "illegal action" messages / freeze ups and it was for a while. Then a few weeks ago I got a message about a system upgrade which I did and now I'm back to the same problems as my old Curve - freeze ups, white screens, sudden resets, having to do a battery pull frequently, very slow browser speed, time outs, etc.. The upgrade just added annoyances to the way I navigate around the home screens with the ways the screens are separated into all the icons, frequently used icons, favorites, etc. The upgrade just increased my frustration with my Blackberry in general. Are my problems unique to my phone alone. Other people tell me their BB has similar problems. Are we just doing something wrong? At this point, I won't purchase another BB and sadly I don't recommend BB to friends if they ask how I like my Curve.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Won't Purchase Another Blackberry

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ChrisFrancz

v6.0.0.431

JSanders

ok, and since you haven't said, what exact model number?

Your profile says 8310 on Verizon and obviously that is not correct.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ChrisFrancz

I made a mistake. It's a 9330. That's irrelevant now though. I love that with a newer Blackberry and recent system "upgrade" I now get the same problems I had with my old Curve - sudden restarts, "uncaught exception" error messages, slower browser speed, and about a dozen other problems that are proof that within 5 years the only place we'll be able to see a Blackberry is in a cell phone museum
New Contributor
ChrisFrancz

I"m a little disappointed but not surprised that a Blackberry rep didn't respond to my post and try to persuade me to hold onto the Blackberry loyalty that I once had.
JSanders

Chris, this is a user to user community support forum. RIM personnel rarely comment here. We're volunteers simply trying to help users. We don't work for RIM.

I was trying to help out, and the best way to that is to first clearly understand what model device you have.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ChrisFrancz

I already stated that I have a Curve 9330. No need to reply though as I am dumping it this week. I don't know why Blackberry even exists anymore.