Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
CarpJJ99
My Device: Not Specified

Won't remove history in SMS msgs in my 8900.

When texting someone I commonly like to remove history, especially after a couple of exchanges.

However, when I select the Blackberry Button, then select Remove History from the menu - nothing happens.  I send the message and the history is still there.

I have T-Mobile as my service. 

Suggestions? 

Thanks,
Jerry

Retired
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: Won't remove history in SMS msgs in my 8900.

Hi CarpJJ99,

The issue being experienced where the "Remove History" option when replying to an SMS message does not remove the SMS history has been reported, and has been escalated internally to our development team.  No resolution time frame is currently available.

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
kahuna2
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same issue with my Verizon Storm as well.  When will this be fixed?  Pretty annoying if you ask me!
New Contributor
csebaski
My Device: Torch 9800

A follow up to your previous response on can't remove SMS history. I just (8/18/09) received a new 8900 and the SMS menu doesn't offer a remove history. Was this the solution/work around to the problem? I agree with another user, this is a major PITA if you text frequently and are used to doing a "remove history". What are the prospects for the fix?
Thanks
Retired
Brodie

Hi csebaski,

The timeline for this being fixed is dependant on many factors, and is not currently available.

As a workaround, ensure that your SMS and MMS messages are stored separately (Messages - Options - General Options - SMS and Email Inboxes) and within the SMS and MMS messages icon, scroll to a date, select menu, and choose "Delete Prior" to remove prior messages of this type.

Thanks!

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
New Contributor
csebaski
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks Brodie.
Just to clarify, there is no "Remove History" menu item when I reply to a received SMS, and there was on my 8300. I can delete prior messages in the folder, no problem.
mweathersbee
My Device: Bold 8900

Thanks Brodie for the information that this is a known bug. It's a serious annoyance and I look forward to a resolution. Can you poke the guys working on this again for us and possibly post an ETA on resolution? It doesn't seem like it would take long to correct...we probably just have to get to the top of the bug fix queue.

Thansk from your loyal BB fans.

Retired
Brodie

Hi mweathersbee,

The timeline for this being fixed is dependant on many factors, and is not currently available, but this will be implemented with future versions of the software.

As a workaround, ensure that your SMS and MMS messages are stored separately (Messages - Options - General Options - SMS and Email Inboxes) and within the SMS and MMS messages icon, scroll to a date, select menu, and choose "Delete Prior" to remove prior messages of this type.

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

Regular Contributor
jrsc109
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook

You could always delete them via the Activity Log - assuming that you have their details in your phonebook.

That will bring up all activity with that number, and then you can delete from there.  At least, that's what I do.

Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526