Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Word docs

elizabethh wrote:
Also whilst here, can anyone recommend an e-bookreader for my Blackberry?

Hello,

you can read over here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=3101

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
elizabethh
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for all the advise, I have downloaded BBnotepad and mobipocket.  I am nervous to do an upgrade at this point having only had the BB for 3 days.  Think I will see how I get on with BBnotepad first.  Once again, thanks to all who replied.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

elizabethh wrote:
I am nervous to do an upgrade at this point having only had the BB for 3 days.

Hello,

well, you don't have to. The upgrade thing is to have one functionality that people haven't had for more than a year.

If I have understood your need, you want to be able to read .doc files on your Blackberry. You can already do that with your Blackberry : just send those files in an email (as attachment). you will then be able to read them (but not modify them). You can event put everything in just one email, or if you want separate in several emails to your convenience.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
elizabethh

Hello, I have done as you suggested and emailed a document to myself, hit save, but now can't find it!  Sorry to be daft, it has to be there somewhere but where is it filed?
@SillohZil on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hello,

when you have in your blackberry with an email containing one of several .doc files :
  • with your Blackberry you can open the message and view the attached file
  • with an upgrade, you can save the file, delete the email, and view the saved file with a .doc reader application

My solution is about the first point only. Don't save.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
elizabethh

So I do have to get an upgrade?  I'm surprised that the BB doesn't come with a pdf viewer. I guess I will keep the email and just view the pdf file when I need to. Tks the help.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Please use plain text.