Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

wileyeng
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Word to Go Attachment Problem

Hello Again.....I would call Rim directly.....(the protocall may be for you to contact your carrier first for support) and they can send you to Rim without cost if they can not fix the problem. I am a T-mobile customer and that is how it works there.   There are some very subtle settings that may need to be tweaked.  I am going to try and have an outside source send me a word doc and see what happens...in the meantime....contact Rim...Doc2go....is a loaded program on your BB.  Rim should insure that the application can work without it causing problems.  I will get back to you and see what happens with outside docs being sent to me...I also find that changing HTML to Plain texts affects the ability to edit certain email options.....pain in the neck to have to remember to go back and forth to change the option...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lenny74
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Word to Go Attachment Problem

Hi Wileyeng,

I have a unique sitaution in that I am now using an 02 handset with a Vodafone sim card. I have tried the Vodafone support forums but they are very limited in their problem solving and could provide no answer to the original problem.

Doc2go were also quite limited in their answers so it would seem going direct to RIM is the only answer.

It seems the problem is intermitent and some docs will open and some will not, yet they are coming from the same source and in the same format. Some will show the Word Doc symbol when delivered and some will not (just the ?)

I have had 4 attachments sent in 1 email today that have opened, yet only show the ? on delivery. So they are not recognised by the phone but they will open without a problem. I had several yesterday that were the same but would not open.

It's a very strange situation and would be interested to know if anybody else is having the same problems.

Please use plain text.