Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

tycoon31
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Airtel - India

Worst Battery Life .. Curve 9380

I just bought this new Curve 9380 only 5 days ago and I've already started experiencing huge problems with the battery life. I've to recharge it atleast twice a day. It has the worst battery life I've ever used.

Please help, what should I do??

P.S : Please also help if there is any free software available for extracting ZIP files for Blackberry.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
ZMel
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Re: Worst Battery Life .. Curve 9380

Hey man , I have the same phone and theres a few ways you can more then double the shocking battery life.

First off go into the system settings of the phones, go into display and switch screen brightness to 10% (it seems low but trust me you'll barely notice the differance)

Next go into the network settings and switch from 3G to 2G, there should be an option list, click it and select 2G.

Also check your phone for official (or leaked if you're ok with installing it) blackbery OS updates, generlly they are very much improved and they give you more battery time.

Switch off your phone during charge, as the phones are not made to charge the batteries 100% by switching the phone off before hand you allow the battery to be charged slightly more. (Alothough still not 100%)

Lastely if you dont use the maps often, then you can go into the settings of the phone again, Im not sure exactly which tab this is under but at some point you'll see something that says "location settings" go into that and switch GPS off. If you ever need the maps again that can easily be swtiched back on.

Let me know if you have any quesitons :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
neesh008
My Device: 9380 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Worst Battery Life .. Curve 9380

Hello!

I have been having so many problems with regards to battery life of my BB 9380 Curve. The phone randomly just switches off and always restarts/ reboots. I tried removing my SIM card and replacing the battery but it takes forever and this is not normal for this to happen more than three times a day. The phone is just over a year old so could the battery have deteriorated?

Have you ever experienced the same problem?
Do you perhaps know how to overcome this?

Please help!
Thanks
Please use plain text.