Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Mister_245
My Device: Not Specified

Wrong sender in message list

Hi!

I have a customer with a couple of different Blackberry terminals, all shows the same strange behavior. The customer has an email address company@company.com on which they send and receive all company related email. This is a custom in their line of business which means that many of their contacts also have that type of address for official email. When they receive email from such a contact and read it in Outlook the sender of the email is the display name that the sender has chosen. An example would be "John Doe" (company@company.com).

When they receive the same email on the Blackberry, the unit searches through the address list and if the email address is listed at several contacts, the unit seems to almost randomly pick one of them as the sender. This means that an email originating from the Boss might look like it is coming from one of the employees (John Doe might be displayed as Jane Doe or Anna Svensson or whatever gets picked). This would not be a huge problem if the email address was displayed along with the contact name but I cannot find such a setting. Nor can I find a way to disable address list lookup.

The problem gets even bigger as they use a shared address list so that anyone in the company can add and delete addresses.

Does anyone understand the situation and if so, does anyone out there have a solution?

Regards Peter

JWirth

Re: Wrong sender in message list

Did you ever receive a response to this post?  I am experiencing almost the identical problem.  My reasons for experiencing the problem are slightly different, but the practical result is the same.
devilstonic

Re: Wrong sender in message list

I'd like to know if a resolution has been found for this as well, I'm having a similar issue.