Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Yahoo Business Email not able to send from devise

I have searched for a solution to my issue and cannot find one. I receive emails on my devise from my Yahoo Business account but cannot send/reply to message from my devise. Verizon and Yahoo both say it's a BB issue and there is nothing they can do for me.

Does anyone have a solution? The closest I found was to uninstall and reinstall my email but the issue is more than that. I suspect that it's an issue with the Yahoo Small Business account specs and security (POP, etc) When I access my email account on the internet, I go to a special site (not yahoo.com) http://mail.myemail.com.

Thanks.

Newbie BB user 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Yahoo Business Email not able to send from devise

what happens when you reply or compose a message for yahoo business mail? RED X? whats the error message if you click on that red x?

Have you deleted and re-integrated your yahoo address on BIS account?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Yes, a red X appears when I attempt to reply or send messages. The message status is "message included an invalid address"

I have not done anything but fight with Verizon. I worked with them for 4 days on how to get this working. I would assume they deleted and re-integrated my yahoo address but I can't be sure.  And what is a BIS account?

Is this something I can do? Could I find instructions on how to do this? I"ll try anything at this point!

Thanks for your reply.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

chk this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12116&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Yahoo Business Email not able to send from device

Crazy that the solution was that easy. Verizon wanted me to spend the $75 with BB's Customer Service to resolve the

problem.

If I find time, I am going to call verizon and Yahoo and have them point future customers to this link.

I ended up adding a Free Yahoo email account to my Business account and POOF I was able to send emails. All the other options seemed too complicated so I tried the easiest one first and it worked.

THANK YOU.