Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Scottcarterwals
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900
Accepted Solution

Yahoo! Mail icon/folder question

When you add a Yahoo! Mail account to your BlackBerry (that is if you use Yahoo! Mail) it adds a Yahoo! Mail folder to your BlackBerry's screen (the icon is a folder with a purple & white "Y" icon).  I could hvae sworn that whenever you got new E-Mail, the folder would have some kind of icon marking showing that new mail was sitting in it, mine is not.  I haven't used my BlackBerry for a few months as I was using my iPhone but have now moved back to the BlackBerry.  Anyways if anyone could confirm if the Yahoo! Mail folder on the screen is suppose to reflect new messages (by icon) I would appreciate it.  The only icon I ever see is on the top of the screen (the area where your voice mail icon goes, etc).

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Yahoo! Mail icon/folder question

I have a yahoo email that I rarely use so I never even had it added to my BB. But I just added it so I could see what you see and possibly try to help. When I added the email I got the same icon you described. It's an envelope with the purple Y! overlapping it. I sent myself a test email. The phone vibrate and I got a notification at the top of my screen as I get for all emails but unfortunately the icon remained unchanged which is quite annoying actually because it doesn't stand out as the folder that has the new message. Sorry.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

I too don't get any new mail notification in my Yahoo mailbox but my Messages folder receives notification. I guess this is a BlackBerry default issue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Scottcarterwals
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

L...

Thanks for trying that out, much appreciated!  I guess I must have been imagining it then.  But I could have sworn the icon use to show when it had new mail.  I wonder what the point is of the icon being installed in the first place when you add a Yahoo! account to your phone if it isn't going to function?  Oh well at least I know it's not my phone, thanks again!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gregory46
My Device: curve8350

Mine does lite up with mail.goes off after checking mail
Please use plain text.