Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

YouTube Videos not working with Wifi - Please Help

Hi. Browser all of a sudden stopped working with YouTube videos when accessing from Wifi after week of using it.  Quite bizarre that still works though Edge network, but obviously slow download.  I've tried to retrace any settings I may have manually set.

Error message is, "Error Playing; Cannot find web address. Verify that this web address is valid."

I have already tried the following.

Software is updated to V4.6.1.114.

Tried all different Browsers options like Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser and all configurations within Options for Browser Configurations and General Properties.

I also tried turning on and off Mass Media Storage.  No luck there.

I have cleared the Content Cache too.

I have not discussed with T-Mobile yet so I am wondering if they are now blocking WiFi Streaming from YouTube.

Would really appreaciate any help solving this annoying mystery.

Re: YouTube Videos not working with Wifi - Please Help

ditto.
New Contributor

Hi EL8900.

I read on other forums same issue occuring with 8900 phones. 

BTW, I also did hard reboot, but popping out battery did nothing too.

I have not yet checked with other video hosting sites...

New Contributor

Hey, I had the same problem. If you use the wap browser (it says T-Mobile when highlighted) and go to the youtube site, then you would be able to view youtube videos. If you are using just the edge connection then it's going to ask you if you want to "enable WAP" then you will click yes and you will have youtube capabilities. If you are using wifi you must use the Wap browser in order to stream videos. I know this works cause I went through it as well. Enjoy.
New Contributor

Berrybay

I`m having the same problem, and I had tried all the things you had, I`m in Venezuela, yerterday, my service provider says to me that there is some kind of agreement between BB and some service providers, and they block all the multimedia in coming files, I tried with a BB 9500 and it was the same.

I had upgrade my to V 4.6.133 Platform 4.2.0.85

But at least you could had work with WIFI, I couldn`t and I still can.

New Contributor

Well if you already have the browser open then shut down the browser and then go open the Wap broswer if you are using wi-fi.