Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
charliethered
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

YouTube videos will not play on my Curve 8530

I own a Blackberry Curve 8530 with the most recent update (V.5.0.0.734)

My servicer is Verizon Wireless.

Whenever I first got the phone in February I was able to play YouTube videos fine. As of late, I haven't been able to.

After going to do m.youtube.com I will click on a video. The screen will go black with a "Loading" message in the top right corner of my screen. Then I will get a message that reads:

"An error has occurred attempting to play media"

I have tried rebooting multiple times, including the battery removal method. I have never changed any of browser settings (I use the default browser).

Anyone want to help me get to the bottom of this?

Please use plain text.
badgergirl92069
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

Re: YouTube videos will not play on my Curve 8530

I also have the BlackBerry Curve 8530 and Verizon is my carrier.

I can play youtube videos on mine fine if I am viewing them from the youtube website.  When I bookmark a video and try to go back and view it, I get the "an error has occurred attempting to play media" message.  I didn't used to have this problem and cannot figure out why it's happening or how to stop it. Am curious to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charliethered

I think I may have stumbled on some kind of solution.

After doing a battery removal HARD RESET I disabled Wi-Fi. I was able to view YouTube videos through the mobile network. I reactivated wi-fi, this time with the radio disabled and I was not able to view any videos.

I've settled on this:

I can view YouTube videos when I'm browsing the web through the mobile network. When Wi-Fi is activated, however, I am unable to.

Please use plain text.
MexicanoTaz
My Carrier: Sprint

I also have been having this problem. I have looked into OS info but I seem to have the highest OS for my curve; which is 5.0 or around there. It started yesterday, I went to got to youtube (the mobile site) and a message said(loosely) "an update is available for the youtube player, if you choose not to it will not effect the quality of your player", this was clearly untrue. I then,soon after, began to play music through youtube and the video would stop and say "an error has occurred" I figured that it was just the video, but it was not. I continued through a random selection of videos which all seemed to have had the same issuei would like to know if there is anyway to download the file which I had previously choose not to because that seems to be a critical link to getting this problem fixed. Sorry if anything is misspelled above( (typing this on my BB on this webpage without being able to zoom is quite a challenge. Also, if anyone was wondering I have been a BB user for about a year with minimal problems.
Please use plain text.
rlparker
My Device: Curve 8500

"I also have been having this problem. I have looked into OS info but I seem to have the highest OS for my curve; which is 5.0 or around there. It started yesterday, I went to got to youtube (the mobile site) and a message said(loosely) "an update is available for the youtube player, if you choose not to it will not effect the quality of your player", this was clearly untrue."

When did you get the message about updating youtube player? Was it after downloading a OS, or did the message come out of the clear blue? I have encountered the same problem over the last month, but i never recall recieveing a message about updating the youtube player. I know i have some updates on my desktop that I need to install, i will try that and see if it solves the problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HelpMe123456
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo

I've had this problem since the start, ever since I got my phone. I have yet to find a fix for it still.

Some people tell me to update, so I do but nothing works.

Some tell me to change the settings, still nothing works AGAIN.

I would like some help on this too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rm8471

I am on Sprint. I would say 90-some percent of the time, I can play videos. Once in a while, it will say "not available" regarding a specific video in You Tube.

I did find out that although where I live is a 3G network the hospital my doctor puts me in has neither 3G nor 4G, so I cannot access You Tube successfully to entertain myself while in as a patient. It becomes highly unstable.

Are you sure that you are in a 3G or 4 G network?

Just a thought.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christiandhoffman
My Device: Not Specified

Workaround that works for me (Curve 8530, Spint):

Start playing video from YouTube link.

After video begins, hit Blackberry button.

Hit escape key to resume video.

The rest of the video should play normally.

Please use plain text.
RickyR
My Device: 8530

Thanks for the advice.  It worked on my 8530.

Please use plain text.
shellie617
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: Metro Pcs

It worked for me..thanks!

Please use plain text.