Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
texasjojo
My Device: Not Specified

add a signature/name to text messages

Does anyone know how or if you can add a signature/name to text messages.  Most phones allow you to add a signature that is automatically added to the end of the text message.  Is this possible for the blacberry curve?

Please use plain text.
Developer
logman

Re: add a signature/name to text messages

Log onto your carriers BIS site. Go to email tab/index and click on "edit".  You will be able to add your signature their and remove that pesky "sent from my BB message".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Summersnow

I know a person can login to their BIS site and edit the signature that will be added to an email sent from their blackberry but I don't know of a way to add a signature to a "text message".  Is that what you are asking to do?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrivera_20
My Device: Torch 9800

Were you able to figure it out??? Cause I haven't been able to.....

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Hiya!

Unfortunately it is only possible to add a signature to an email. You cannot add one to a text message. Sorry :smileysad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

You could set up a "signature" using autotext.

Go to options-autotext-menu key-new.   Type your shortcut keys in the "Replace" field (something like 'sig') and your signature text in the "With" field.

Let us know how it goes.  :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.