Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: sprint

adding/removing apps (not deleting/not installing)

i have tried a billion and one times to delete and add app world and deleting all the apps on my phone and it still shows in my world with in the app world that panbdora is still installing and bbm & iheartradio are ready to install my phone hasnt had pandora in weeks and the bbm and iheartradio when you click to install them well it simply just wont let you and there is no way to my knowledge to delete them to start over again. please help me out . oh and my phone everytime it syncs to my laptop it deletes bbm and i loose all my contacts whether i have them backed up or notive deleted my old backup file and made a new one and have completed deleted and uninstalled destop manager all to gether and the problem still presists ... im very frustrated with the phone and want a solution already instead of the run around like ive been getting from sprint telling me very different things everytime

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: adding/removing apps (not deleting/not installing)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I understand that you are frustrated. But, could you do us one favor? Could you re-write your post and use more punctuation? Honestly, as I tried to read it, I could not figure out what is going on in your situation. Please help us out by reposting with enough punctuation and grammar so that we can figure out how to help you.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

let's see if this is better for you ...

I have tried a billion and one times to delete and add app world and deleting all the applications on my phone and it still shows in my world, with in the app world, that Pandora is still installing and (BBM) Blackberry messenger & iheartradio are ready to install. My phone hasn't had Pandora in weeks and the (BBM) Blackberry Messenger and iheartradio when you click to install them it simply just wont let you and there is no way, to my knowledge, to delete them to start over again. Please help me out . Oh and everytime I sync my phone to my laptop it deletes (BBM) Blackberry Messenger and I loose all my contacts whether I have them backed up or not. I've deleted my old backup file and made a new one and have completely deleted and uninstalled desktop manager all together and the problem still persists ... I'm very frustrated with the phone and want a solution already instead of the run around like I've been getting from sprint telling me very different things every time.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: let's see if this is better for you ...

OK...thanks. So, Pandora shows truly as "installing"? Not "installed" or some other words. "Installing" is pretty odd...I've never seen that as a status within AppWorld. So, try this sequence...please go in sequence, even if something fails on one step, keep going...

1) Remove all apps  (but NOT AppWorld...yet) that you don't want from the BB via the first method in this process:

• KB10392 How to delete an application from the BlackBerry smartphone

2) Go into AppWorld and then log into your MyWorld. Highlight the offending apps and then click the BBKey. Select Delete from there.

3) Clear the AppWorld cache:

a. Open App World

b. Go to My World

c1. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

c2. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

d. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

4) Delete AppWorld from your BB using the same method as step 1 above

5) Remove all traces of those offending app(s) from your BB. To do so, use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > BBKey > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.

6) Proper Batt Pull Reboot -- With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.

7) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

8) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

Now log into AppWorld and see if things have cleared up. Note that it will retain record of previously installed apps, especially paid apps (so that, in case you want it again, you won't have to pay again). It may or may not retain record of free apps.

Let us know!

PS -- sorry if any of that is redundant to what your carrier is telling you...there's no way for us to know what they've already put you through...

PPS -- after we get your general use of AppWorld resolved, we can look at BBM...one thing at a time.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: let's see if this is better for you ...

i did all that pretty sure i worte all of that there on the original post. and ive deleted app world all the apps and nothing zip zero nada. im hopiing someone can give me another solution then that one u just did cuz they keep telling me that and it hasnt worked. even after deleting everything it shows i still have pandora or that its installing and sprint didnt fix it at all

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: IT

I need help here. How do I add app world to my bbm profile?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: IT

[ Edited ]

I need help here. How do I add app world to my bbm profile? [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use ]