Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Tooz
My Device: Not Specified

alarm drains battery?

Why does having the alarm on drain the battery?
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: alarm drains battery?

I'm not sure that the alarm is your problem. I use my alarm everyday with no effect on the battery. Are you sure you are exiting all your apps when you are done with them especially your internet browser? You can't just hit the red hang up key that doesn't end the program but simply leaves it running in the backround. You have  to make sure you are hitting the menu key and selecting end or close.  I hope this is your solution and you don't have some bigger issue going on with your battery. 

~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Regular Contributor
xaroc
My Device: Not Specified

i agree.  the only Battery Drain that would occur is the sound or Vibration is makes when the Time has reached its alarming point, which is very little , unless you let it ring for hours lol.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

I read your post yesterday and it got me to wondering also. I set my alarm last night and I have no more than normal power loss.

Just FYI !

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter