Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
darthseitler
My Device: blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: o2

Re: 'an error ocurred whie processing your request'

i cant reload the os because it wont let me download it as the link sends me to the us site (and i am in England). and i cant do it the enterprise way because i dont have a company!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

darthseitler wrote:

i cant reload the os because it wont let me download it as the link sends me to the us site (and i am in England).

Normally this is irrelevant -- I know plenty of people, all over the world, who have used this exact process. If, on the other hand, there is some specific error message you are getting, then please say exactly at what step in the process you are and exactly what the error message is.

darthseitler wrote:

and i cant do it the enterprise way because i dont have a company!

I have no idea what you mean by those words..."the enterprise way"? Where is that, please, in the instructions I gave you?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
darthseitler

ummm, im sorry for being so stupid here! i click 'O2 UK' and then it has a paragraph about updating and then it says download the software for corporate and once you click that you need to type in your company details
Please use plain text.
Contributor
darthseitler

i just updated my Blackberry would that have the same effect?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

STOP!!!!

I am lost...I have no idea what you are doing. Please go back up to post #4 and follow that carefully. If ever you get stuck, then stop at that point and post the EXACT point at which you are stuck, using enough words for me to figure out what you are doing. With all you've now just said, I am completely lost.

For instance, in post 13, what exact step in the process are you on that gets you to this screen? Are you downloading the Desktop Software? An OS package? Something else? I'm lost...

In post 14, you say you just updated...how, exactly did you do that please? The process I was taking you through would have done an OS reload, which would have updated your BB to whatever OS level you chose. Now, you seem to have gone off and done something else, and I can't follow you.

Please help me to help you...as it stands, you've lost me.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
darthseitler

I just updated the software and did a security wipe. This has really helped the trackpad however the screen does turn white when reset! Thankyou so much for all your help through my ignorance
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Uhhh...OK, I guess. Sadly, my ignorance is built on yours, so I hope all is well for you now.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.