Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
davidlit
My Device: blackberry curve8520

anyone help

I just got a BB and all way until Thursday gone i had no problem with my wifi and my wireless Hub but on Thursday morning i get the following message failed to authnicate against the network. I have tried

taking the battery out for 3 minutes

deleting it and resetting it

tutning the data services off

and still get the same error message please help ? :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: anyone help

Is this error message specific to WiFi? If so, how exactly do you know that? What exactly is on your screen?

If indeed it is WiFi, have you yet tried removing and re-creating the WiFi configuration? Have you tried other WiFi networks?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
davidlit

yes. i have blackberry curve 8520 wifi is available to me. And i have had a look on the forum and am not the only one this has happened to. and it is that exact message that is on my blackberru curve 8520 mobile phone. before i could get wifi on. it works with BT hub but my home hub

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, I still do not understand.

1. Does your BB work perfectly with other WiFi networks?
  2. Have you removed this WiFi configuration and re-created it?
  3. Do other devices work fine with this WiFi network?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
davidlit

it is a blackberry phone curve 8520 before Thursday i downloadeed 4 item. then on thurseday it didt work.

this from another user on here

WiFi problem reason: Failed to authenticate against the network[

Hello people,

I've got a big problem with my WiFi.

He finds my connection, and everything work fine. Until i type in the password, im sure its the good pass, and then the problem comes.

He is trying to connect my WiFi connection, and after less than a minute it sais: Unable to Connect, Reason: Failed to connect to the network.

Whats wrong?

I've used the right password and he find my connection.

I don't understand.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

I am really trying to help you, but refusing to answer my questions means that I can't help you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
davidlit

[ Edited ]

it is my 1st blackberry mobile phone i have had and i have only ever tried it with my virgin media hub which connects ,me to me laptop to use the internet i have not re configured or re created just deleted it off my saved profiles re scanned and added it again 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, we don't seem to be communicating. I still cannot find, in your words, the answers to my questions.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
davidlit

1. Does your BB work perfectly with other WiFi networks? i am only working BB with Vodafone on a mobile phone 
  2. Have you removed this WiFi configuration and re-created it? how eh how of course am not doing that use youir brain 
  3. Do other devices work fine with this WiFi network? it is my 1st bb service i am 1st user it is the vodafone network that is the only i been using oit on 

you understand now. or do i need to talk to someone who is possibly more qualified then you are 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Goodbye.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates