Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Griffza
My Device: Curve 8520

app error 200 on my Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

Before I start my story. I wish to say hi to you all and already thank J Sanders for info that he posted on this forum.

My phone got an app 200 "reset" message.

I followed the instructions from J Sanders (Re: Blackberry Curve 8520/'APP Error 200-Reset" it shows to me) and was doing pretty good until

on the application loader wizard, in the connection drop down menu I dont see "USB-PIN: UNKOWN" I get USB-PIN:<Personal Content Removed>

after selecting this option and  I click  next I get a pop up box that says "Device password required, a security password is required for your device"

Now I do have a password on the phone that was working and unlocking the device before I git the APP 200 Error, But it is no longer working. I have had five attempts now and Im worried im going to lock the phone permanently.

I have new OS firmware ready for installation I just cant get past the password story.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can proceed?

thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhijitbiswas
My Device: Curve 9220

Re: app error 200 on my Curve 8520

Just enter an incorrect one 10 times and the phone will reset itself back to factory settings without a password and then you are good to go. (P.S: note that the device wont lock out it will start fresh as a new device). Have you made a back-up of your BB at any given point in time?

If so, then you can just load the backup through the Desktop Manager.  

Please follow the below threads and would give you some more idea on the issue and a feasible solution if mine doesnot satisfy you:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Device-Lock-Password-reset/td-p/1125369

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/BlackBerry-device-password-does-not-w...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Griffza
My Device: Curve 8520

Yay! you were right. :Punk:

it wiped all the data but at least I could get the firmware loaded and start using the phone again. I guess there is a good lesson here to ensure you always back your phone up. Thanks for the response buddy and helping me solve my problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhijitbiswas
My Device: Curve 9220

Great, and yes take a back up of your ph every month or alternate month the backup file doesnot consume great space but helps you big when in need.

Enjoy, have fun with your BB :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skaremoush
My Device: 8520 curve

can u tell me how to do it? i have got the same problem

Please use plain text.