Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

therealjdj
My Device: Not Specified

app error 523

Ok, yesterday my phone was suddenly at a white screen giving me a "App Error 523 - Reset" error. I looked around the forum and other people have had this issue, but I can not find a solution that works for me.

I hit the reset button and the thing reboots and comes back to that screen - so there is nothing I can do.

When I go to Desktop Manager, it wont connect to the device - because it probably does not boot up, BUT I can go to application loader while it tries to boot and it finds the application - but it still says "Device Connected - NONE"

What can I do?

I downloaded a new OS, and I get to the step to install it - but when I hit next it tries to connect again and it never finds the phone.

I don't have a backup of my phonebook (because I am stupid) - that is really my #1 concern.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

- Jay
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: app error 523

OK. First start off with the battery out of the phone and the usb cable unplugged. Next open the Desktop Manager, then go into Application Loader. When you get to the part where it asks for the connection type just plug in the usb cable (still leaving the battery out). If the connection changes to usb<pin> or usb<unknown>, hit Next. Keep going through the wizard till you're on the last step, before you hit Install. Now put the battery in and see if the loading operation completes.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

App Error 523 usually happens after loading incompatible 3rd party software.  Did you load anything lately?  You should be able to connect to the device while it's rebooting (spinning hourglass) with application loader and remove the offending 3rd party application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
whitess
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re-installing the device software through Application Loader works to restore your phone from App Erro 523, but in my case it doesn't completly fix the problem.  It also has nothing to do with installing 3rd party apps.  I did have 3rd party apps to begin with, but after doing this process multiple times and on a replacement Bold (without 3rd party apps) the error came up again.  I think it may have something to do with the way my profile (Enterprise) is set up.  If it figure it out, I'll let you know what my final fix was.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101   Tips & Tricks

If you are on BES you will want to speak with your IT Dept to see about resolving your issue.  Any IT Policies on the device are probably what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
little_miss_peake
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Hi.

how do you identify which is the offending 3rd party application? i find that i get this error after my blackberry freezes up whilst using the built in browser and automatically restarts (but instead of going to the normal front screen, i get app error 523 reset and keeps looping when i reset).

Thanks

Kam

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Which application were you trying to use or had open in the background when the error came up.  BTW is is usually best to close apps using the menu key and scrolling all the way to the bottom of the menu and selecting close rather than just using the "back" arrow key.  The latter does not close the app, but leaves it running in the background.

See this kb article:    523 app error reset

This is the process jmrmb80 posted earlier in the thread.

Let us know how it goes.   :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
slodj
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom

I got this error when I tried to start a backup of my phone from Desktop Manager. I clicked 'Reset' on my phone. After it reset I started the backup again and it went though with no errors.

Please use plain text.
LVMediaboy
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Though I have the Tour - I tried your suggestion and it worked. Oh - for what it's worth, the last app I added before Tour error was Skype. Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RAlfieri
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I have narrowed this down to Call Blocker Professional for me on my BB Bold running OS version 5.0.

It's a tedious process to isolate the problem child. Remove them all and start adding one at a time waiting a day or so in between. Does it happen frequently?

Rob

Rob Alfieri
Senior IT Consultant
Please use plain text.