Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MiNgLe
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Mtn
Accepted Solution

application error pop ups

Hey!I'm in need of serious help-my blackberry 8520(I know its not so fancy lol) is taking me thru a rough patch-its been six days now that I have been having countless uncaught exception :app error pop ups aftr evry 5 2 10 min-they even appear just aftr I've rebooted-this has somehow affected my phone in a way that I can't make or receive calls-im unable 2 dial for a call or 2 call from the phone book-basically,my "yes" n "no" buttons r not working... :smileysad: pls help my BIS abt 2 expire :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: application error pop ups

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try bringing up your device in "safe mode" and see if you can stabilize the device for basic function.

Have you recently added a third party application or upgraded your device OS?

Please post the entire "uncaught exception" error message so we can help you get the best advice.  (Most contain specific information. (Example: "Uncaught Exception: Application net_ rim_Bluetooth(148) is not responding.")

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MiNgLe

thank u fr responding -the error message is Uncaught Exception Application Register wait for (0x802477365c39852)-i did the safe mode solution and no error popped out-its rebooting for the second time i hope my problem is sorted will let u know thou :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MiNgLe

it just made that app error 523 "reset"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MiNgLe

okay just after i unlock it-it send an error "uncaught exception: index 6>=6 and then app error 523 "reset" the reboots itself
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

The best way to resolve the issues with your device is to either upgrade or reload the device OS. The error 523 indicates there are some corrupt files or modules that are preventing your device from operating in a stable manner.

See the links below for the proper procedures.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB25846 "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x9850447e783b0596) timeout" appears when the BlackBerry 8350i smartphone starts up

KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

"The smartphone encountered a Java® Virtual Machine (JVM®) application related problem and is unable to continue running.'

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Download the device OS and desktop software from your carrier

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MiNgLe

Thank u for the help Bifocals-last night-i decided to "download the device OS and desktop software from my carrier" and aftr trying it twice my bb was okay-no more errors!I dcydd 2 just let it off the battery overnyt-dis morning-i started from scratch bt it was all worth it cos 2day there's nothing irritationg me-ima chat all day #bigsmile!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Cool!:Clap:
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Thanks for resolving the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.