Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: orange

argh!!!

hello - can someone please give me some advice on my bb before it ends up hitting a wall! i have a 9360 and when i have downloaded/uninstalled an app it comes back on showing i have low battery!? in most cases i just reverse the process and take the battery out an put it back in again but tonight it will not acknowledge any battery life at all. its just saying low battery and flashing. It actually sat on charge for half an hour plugged in and still showed battery at being 1% anyone else had this?! What do i do?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: argh!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Try this sequence...but, you must leave the BB on a known good wall charger (not PC USB) for the entire 4h15m process here.

1. Place the BB, with the battery inside, onto the charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the display or the LED does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Leave the battery out for 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Leave it alone for another 2 hours

Sometimes, this will "kick start" things.

On the other hand, your battery or your BB may be defective or damaged...to test this:

• Obtain another known good and already fully charged battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  • Obtain access to another identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if your battery or your BB has a problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: orange

Thanks for the advice - phone only 2months old! Will give it a try
Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hardware and software, designed and built by humans, can never achieve perfection...the defect rate will always be something greater than zero. Be glad that it happens at 2 months and not at 13 (after warranty expires)!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code