Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: cell c SOUTH AFRICA
Accepted Solution

assistance in setting up my black berry id

any one can assist in helping me setup my black berry id on my 8520 v5 to use via app world as online and via handset i keep getting error messages.

error:Your password is the same as one of the information fields. Please try again.

even though when i check if i have a black berry id by use of email address its as if i have one.but won't allow me to reset the password via online link or even create a new  user id 

please help

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: assistance in setting up my black berry id

Hello dragon143

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you setting up  BlackBerry ID for the first time on your device also can you confirm if its a used device or a new one. 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: cell c SOUTH AFRICA

i have setup the id before but never could use it ,have being using device for past 2months it a new 8520 v5. but just have no luck setting up the blackberry id
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello dragon143

Do you already have BlackBerry Data Plan in your account ?

If you already have it then  are you using different BlackBerry ID for BlackBerry App World ! 

Can you again try to reset your BlackBerry ID password again from a computer by follow this Knowledge Base :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

After reset reboot your device and then try to login with your new BlackBerry ID .try it and let us know if that fails.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.