Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mayssasabogal
My Carrier: telcel mexico

balckberry 9360 battery life!

o whom it may concern:

My name is Mayssa Sabogal i live in mexico, just got a second bb curve 9360 in less than a week, the battery doesn't last at all and it get really hot after using it for a little while.
I spoke to the manager in Telcel (mexican company) and they said they haven't get any reports (which is not true six other people that just got this cel phone present the same issues) and they deny the fact the the battery have any problems.
I'm really disappointed to read all this comments that you have and realize that all of this has been reported since last year and you haven't fixed the problem.
I never considered switch to IPhone but i can't afford to go everyday to complain about a phone that i need for work and leave it there for a day for a check up.
It amaze me that telcel is not aware of the situation and keep on selling this phone with no conscious of the damage and waste of time for their clients.
you should be embarrassed as a company for not doing anything to fix this problem , is so unethical that you keep on putting this phone into the market.
You should just not apologize to your customers but also contact them asap to get those phones back!!!

I will return this phone asap it sucks!

Please use plain text.
hchavez
My Carrier: Telcel (Mexico)

Re: balckberry 9360 battery life!

Mayssa; I had the same problem.  I took it back to Telcel, they updated the operating system but the battery life did not improve (lasted 3 hours after a full charge).  I took it back to Telcel again and they changed the phone for me.  I tried it for a day and the battery life did not improve.  I updated the software to version 7.1 following the steps found in crackberry and Im testing the batterly life again.  Batterly life improved a bit (6 hours), but that is not enough.  I really do not know what else to do.  I'll keep using the tips found here (switching bands to 2G, dimming screen, etc......) and try a bit further, but I'm not too optimistic.

Please use plain text.