Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

battery and email problems with my blackberry 8310...please help

Hello i am new to the blackberry suport community forums , and i would like to ask a few questions...if anyone has any answers please reply...

My problem is this... I bought my blackberry device about 3 months ago and the problem is that the sand time appears in my screen very often , consequently my battery is consumed very fast and my emails do not reach my device but after days and sometimes my phone bolcks ....so as you can see there are multiple problems....From time to time my device comes back to normal...and i dont know why ...i assume it is something i do....if you have any answer to what i should do please reply....

Thank you in advance

Vasoulini

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: battery and email problems with my blackberry 8310...please help

Sounds like the device may be running out of memory.

Can you check under Options | Status and make note of your File Free number. Afterwards reset the device by removing the battery and 1 min and replace it and let the device reboot. After it's done check and see if your File Free Number increased.

Also do you have a lot of third part applications on the device that you don't need? If so you can do into Options | Advanced Options | Applications and delete the ones you no longer need.

When you go to close an application, use the menu key and select Close. If you use the escape key or power button, then some apps will still be running in the background, which could account for the slowness.

Check out this link for other ways to free space on a BlackBerry: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thank you for the tips....but i  still continue to face the same problem i tried to free some space with the ways you pointed through the link you send be , but i only could increase to free space from 21097874 to 22596878 bytes , what i can understand is that i have many phone numbers and email adresses in my adress book ...i have approximately 600 numbers or so...which i need them all. It appears in the database size as 514/61.9K....! Could this be the reason tha the problem still exists?(I do not have third part applications ( maybe one or two)) And if so is there any way that i can also have my phone numbers and free some space from my device?
Elite I

Well that's not a huge number for the address book. When you checked under Database Sizes which had the highest number?

Also it's good to be above 20MB for your File Free number.

Which third party apps do you have? Some people on the boards mentioned having Facebook may cause some problems

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

The largest number in the database  sizes are address book 514/61.9k , application permissions 8/0.6, auto text 111/6.7 k and phone call logs, rms databases and searches .....  i do have facebook...i will try to delete it and see how it goes....thank you

Elite I

OK. Or maybe try seeing if there's an more up to date version to install.
New Contributor

Thank you it actually worked...i just recieved 284 emails that i have been missing for so many days......i try finding a newer version of facebook to install.....i hope this works for the battery as well....thank you very very much....vasouliniSmiley Tongue
Highlighted
Elite I

Glad I could help out  Smiley Happy