Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9220
Accepted Solution

battery drained faster now in my bb curve 9220

my curve 9220 was giving me the backup og minimum one day bt now it starts heating up and battery getting low fastlu in 4 or 5 hrs what to do???

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: battery drained faster now in my bb curve 9220

Hi akash121

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Curve 9220 - shuts down by itself and doesn't want to restart

Hi.

I bought my 9220 last year and a few days later, the data signal started dropping to zero intermittently. I had to turn the "mobile network" off and on, and then I would get a torrent of pending BBMs, whatsapp messages, emails, so on :smileyhappy:

Around 4 months ago the device started getting intolerably warm. I mean, just like you're holding a steaming cup of coffee in your hands. The heat seemed to emanate from the point where the battery meets the connectors.

Then a couple of months back the phone started switching off all by itself. Sometimes after pressing the power/end call button repeatedly, the phone would lazily power back on. Other times, there was a faint red glow inside the trackpad (some light they have in there, I guess).

Now the interesting part - I need to cover the trackpad with my thumb for a few seconds for the phone to turn back on.

After resuming, I would get a yellow/red battery indicator, implying that the battery was close to popping. This, when I'd only just taken it off the charger at close to 80%.

Anyhow, I got my battery changed AND got my OS updated. A few days it worked fine. But then the problem came back. Now I don't get the low battery after the device restarts. But I get the weird message - that the battery's too low to use radio - even while the indicator shows the charge at around 50-60.

Yes, the heating up still continues.

I love the berry for all its conveniences and would love if you guys have a suggestion. Have half a mind to send it in to the service centre but knowing the time and cost you guys take to turn a device around, i guess i would be better off buying an android. Unless you guys can come up with something.

My Device: blackberry 9220

Re: Curve 9220 - shuts down by itself and doesn't want to restart

• i am facing the same problem. and it is pretty annoying some times.. pls let me know if u find any solution.
  • thanks 

Re: battery drained faster now in my bb curve 9220

My Blackberry Messenger uses up over 90 percent of my recourses and battery.
Had to delete it but do need it.
Please help!