Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
trishthestrange
My Device: Curve 9220

battery problems with blackberry curve

I bought my Curve 9220 two months ago. The phone was just working fine until just a few days ago I'm having problems with the battery. I charged the phone overnight and removed the charger in the middle of the night after the battery has been fully charged. After a few hours upon waking, I checked out the battery and the charge is almost empty and the phone is overheating! It's the fourth time it happened. I don't know if this is normal or if the phone or the battery is the problem. Help!
Regular Contributor
ihsanr
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: battery problems with blackberry curve

if you use blackberry with full service , the battery will quick empty because more application need to run
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Hello trish

Welcome to the forum.

Try removing the battery, now connect charger to phone and now reinsert the battery and leave to charge. Since its heating up before monitor after it has been charging this way after some 10 minutes to see if the phone is heating up.

There is usually some warmth that accompanies the phone, if its just warm then leave to charge for atleast 8hrs but all awhile monitoring heat.

If the issue persists as far heating is concerned as charging it appears unsafe to continue phone your service provider and claim your warranty.
New Contributor
trishthestrange

Hi ihsnr,
No. I'm only subcribed to BBM service. I'm not subscribed to email and internet browsing.
New Contributor
trishthestrange

Hi foxx,

The first few weeks of using my phone it doesn't heat up like how it was 4 days ago. So yesterday I went to my provider and consulted them about it. The blackberry representative said the battery, indeed, is broken, because my battery's temperature was 47 degrees (charger disconnected, no apps opened, crazy right?) while normally it shouldn't reach 40 deg because that's the ceiling temperature when the phone is charging. So I had my replacement thank god for 6 months warranty.