If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
stockwellstreet
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

battery replaced but drains FAST (curve9300)

Hi - I listen to audiobooks on my commute. Worked fine for a year, but battery life has faded. Now, even with a new battery charged all night, I only got 10 minutes of play back in the morning. I don't use other apps, make few calls & emails. What's my next step?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery replaced but drains FAST (curve9300)

Try this:

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it.  Do this the next couple of days.

Often, even with a new battery, the 'on-device' battery will get off-sync with the actual battery charge. The battery could be charged at 100%, but the device "sees" only 50% charge.

Don't drain your battery daily to 5-15%, always top off when you can. Get an extra charger, even for 10 minutes charge during a day, that can be be the extra two hours you need. Draining the battery kills the battery faster.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stockwellstreet
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: battery replaced but drains FAST (curve9300)

Thanks. So far this has extended the media play time to about an hour. I'll keep trying for a day or two.
Please use plain text.