Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

joshlob
My Device: Not Specified

Re: battery symbol with blue lightning bolt on white screen

Thanx, this worked for me too, i had to try it a couple of times though. Was just about to start wiping, glad i stumbled across this post. i have a Blackberry Bold 9000 if anyone wants to know

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nemesis_ashton
My Device: 9700

i signed up jus so that i could say... thank you soooo much... this worked for me... i was wondering if i needed to get a new phone... thanks again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gloamin
My Device: Bold 9000

I have a 'new' OEM battery and the same battery/lightning bolt or hash through batter icon shows. I plugged it in to the AC adapter, then loaded battery after red light went off, now should I charge it with the blackberry turned on or off? This is a real drag and I've tried finding a solution for a couple months. Thanks in advance. Mine is Bold 9000.

Please use plain text.
jeremy69y
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: h20 wireless

worked for me too.

Please use plain text.
jaimeandres_8
My Device: curve
My Carrier: at&t

yooo ma dude i got a curve and it has the same problem but i cant seem to get it to work.. dont really get your instructions lol
Please use plain text.
SDPeri
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Here's a new solution.

Have BB Bold 9000 that would not boot.  When plugged into wall power charger, the screen was alternating between faint white background with blue lightning bolt battery and black screen with red power light.

I tried all your tricks to reboot.  On verge of throwaway.

Then I found old case (with magnetic flip top) and put unit back inside and voila'....the unit rebooted on its own and now its fully functional.

Summary:  Put the phone back into its magnetic top case and see if it reboots!!!!

SD Peri

Please use plain text.
OneMillionEggs
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM AFTER A WEEK I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY (C-S2)

Well, i have the 8520 curve, and i have  no clue but one day it just would not turn on no matter what, i've tried different batteries, still nothing. it would just show the red light and sit there.

Until i plug it in to charge it, it just sits there for hours going into days with the stupid symbol of the blue lightening bolt with the battery and screen and all. 

Even when i take out the battery while it's still charging, it just sits there with the same screen. :smileyindifferent: 

I asked this guy at this cellphone store where i bought the a new battery from, about if he thinks its the phone or if its the battery, and he doesnt even know -_- . 

So now im stuck. I dont want to buy another stinking battery for 60$. 

Niether do i want to buy another blackberry without knowing if this solution is solvable. 

; HELP :'( 

Please use plain text.