Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
twinmummy2002
My Device: curve 9300
Accepted Solution

battery

the battery on my blackberry curve 9300 just lately isnt holding its charge, some days im charging it twice a day, please help

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: battery

First of all, how old is your phone?  If it's a newer phone, like maybe a year old or newer, then remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Try this for a couple of days in a row and report back to us.  :smileyhappy:

(However, if your phone is a couple of years old or older, keep in mind that a typical phone battery will last about that long.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
twinmummy2002

I have had my phone since november time i think, ive just taken the battery out as my keyboard wasnt lighting up but thats now working so i will take my battery out again tomorrow and see what happens, thanks

New Contributor
twinmummy2002

Thanks for your help i havent had to charge my phone at all today

New Contributor
Russell_classic
My Device: Bold 1 9000

I have two friends whose blackberry curve 9300 OS6 batteries are not holding charge.

The battery indicator will get to about halfway with little help and then the phone blacks out.

The original USB cube that comes with the phone doesn't charge the battery and one of them has changed the battery and the charger and it hasn't helped.

Some one suggested reinstalling the OS - will this help????? 

New Contributor
Sammiejane71
My Device: Curve 9300

Sorry for doing this as a reply but I don't know how to post. Since I updated the software for my curve 9300 my phone battery does not hold its charge. I can charge it fully, not use it and it will be flat within a couple of hours. HELP!!!!
New Contributor
E_96
My Device: Curve 9300

I will fully charge my phone but if I have it in my pocket or my bag it will die within 2 hours without it being used. If I'm using it it tends to have a longer life. The phone also gets incredibly hot.. Anyone have any ideas with what's up with my phone?