Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

bb 8520 comes up with charging sign with a red cross across on the screen. help!!!!

my 8520 stopped working around a month and a half ago maybe a little longer, it wouldnt charge when plugged into the charger, i tried a veriety of different things to see if it worked but nothing did, i have now bought a new battery for my 8520, before putting the new battery in, i decided to try and turn my phone on with my old battery in it, but had no luck. so i took my old battery out and placed my new one in and the red light came on in the top right corner, it then came up with a charging sign on the screen then a red cross appeared ontop of it, a loading bar then came on underneath it and it grew longer  very slowly, so i thought i'd leave it to see if it needed time to charge and load, when i came ack to have a look at it after about 15 mins it looked exactly the same so i then tried turning my phone on/off bye pressing the red end call button, when i did that the battery with the red cross through went off the screen and then the word 'blackberry' in white writing appeared as if it was then being switeched on and then the little loading sign came on underneath, shortly after that it just went back to the charging sign with the red cross through it, really dont know what to do, can some one help me please or give me any advice i really need my phone working again, thank you

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Re: bb 8520 comes up with charging sign with a red cross across on the screen. help!!!!

The OS is corrupted dude. Don't worry you can fix it all alone if you are familiar with the computer & the device. 

Tell me if you need any help.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: bb 8520 comes up with charging sign with a red cross across on the screen. help!!!!

i have a similar problem my phone wont turn on at all, sometimes the red light comes on for a few mins when i connect to the charger, it came on yesterday i left it on charge but it would not charge up, the phone was on and showing battery low , and didnt charge up
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

I need help please!! My blackberry bold 9900 is giving me this battery with a red X and I can't get anywhere with it on the computer.. the desktop manager wants to update but when it tries to connect to the blackberry it gets nothing but errors. and won't go anywhere after that. I also tried a different battery, different charger/ cable everything. Please help me.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Reload your OS. Go to Youtube and seach on how to reload a Blackberry OS. It's very simple but first time you will feel bit excited. I recommend you to reaload the OS because you have tried all the possible solutions with changing the battery. Usually the red X mark on the Screen appears on top of the battery sign is because the battery is dead (too low or no charge). If you have checked with a new battery try with a new Charger as well, If not keep it connected to the PC or Laptop for couple of minutes.

Usually if the battery is dead it will take some time nearly 15 minutes to charging a small amount, so be patient and try, and if still the problem exist, Just reload the OS. Need any additional help just reply to this post.

Cheers!

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Hafeez Center

i have same problem plz tell me how can i fix corrupted os

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Hafeez Center

how to reload OS as cell phone is not switching on...?