Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vincee08
My Device: bb 9220

bb 9220 app world update

i bought a new bb 9220, when i try to open the bb app world its says i need to update to a newer version.. but when i try to update the bb app world app to a newer version it will stop on 2140 kb/3098kb what can i do about this? any help? is there a correct way or process to update it.. thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: bb 9220 app world update

Hi vincee08

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If your first attempt to update App World was unsuccessful then please try it again but before that uninstall App

from your device,For that On your homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete App World from there.

Then perform a Battery Pull Restart like this device Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back .After reboot from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld  and download it again. After installing  perform another Device Restart.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vincee08

still when im about to donwload the app world it will stop on 2140/3098kb then i will have an error downloading.. even in other apps like face book it will stop downloading..

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi vincee08

Please clear your device browser data ,for that Open your browse - press the menu key - Options - scroll down to Clear Browsing Data ( mark all fields ) then click on Clear now .Then perform another Battery pull restart after that have a try

If it fails again then please try it over wi-fi ,let us know of your progress .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vincee08

i've tried it again but still it stops 2140/3098kb it says an error.. im having a hard time downloading app world :smileysad: the error says "907 invalid COD TCP RECIEVE TIME OUT"

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi vincee08

I think you don't have enough download speed, Can you locate and try downloading over wi-fi , Because this file is just within 3 MB and you are contantly getting error while downloading. 

So just do a Battery pull restart do try it over wi-fi, it will solve your problem.

Please use plain text.