If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rahulharidas88
My Device: 2012 & bb 9320
My Carrier: tata docomo

bb 9320 showing error 102 on updating.

please help me. my blackberry screen is stuck with a white screen and the blackberry logo. i tried taking the battery out, reboot but nothing is working, it still goes back to the white screen with logo. i also tried to download the Blackberry Desktop Manager, advice from the other threads, but it won't let me download, error. i have been at it for several hours now. please i am freaking out, help..

i tried the forced booting KB 10144 but on trying that THE PHONE NOW DISPLAYS ERROR 102 RELOAD SOFTWARE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT WWW.BLACKBERRY.COM/102

PLZ HELP ME FROM THIS MISERY.............

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: bb 9320 showing error 102 on updating.

rahulharidas88 wrote:

i also tried to download the Blackberry Desktop Manager, advice from the other threads, but it won't let me download, error. 

Hi rahulharidas88

Welcome to Support Forums

From where you are downloading and what error you getting while downloading BlackBerry Desktop Software ? You can download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software from here BlackBerry desktop software .

rahulharidas88 wrote:

i tried the forced booting KB 10144 but on trying that THE PHONE NOW DISPLAYS ERROR 102 RELOAD SOFTWARE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT WWW.BLACKBERRY.COM/102

Have you tried to load the OS using application loader to force the detection of your device ? If not try it again and follow the Knowledge Base properly ,It will allow your to load the OS .

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information:

KB10068 :  " JVM 102 " error is generated on the  BlackBerry Smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

If you need to reload the software on your device, you can do so using the method described here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

That will help you get up and running. If you have any problems getting your computer to recognize your phone in step 2, unplug your phone and remove the battery, then plug your phone back in. As soon as you see your device PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN, click Next. If you miss it, don't worry, just unplug your phone and plug it back in to try again. Once your computer recognizes your phone, reinsert the battery and proceed with the OS reinstall.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rahulharidas88
My Device: 2012 & bb 9320
My Carrier: tata docomo

hi my phone shows the blackberry logo and the loading symbol  goes on till midway and restarts .i then connected my phone to lap and the option for reconnecting or updating comes .i tried the update .but it didnt complete and the phone now shows error 102, what should i do know.

the phone doesnt switch off also now.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Use the method in the link I provided above. That will give more success than using the Desktop Software directly. Unfortunately, you won't be able to back up your phone in advance though, so I hope you had a previous backup so you don't lose all your data.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.