Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Ladylorac
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: rogers

bb I'd password recovery

I have forgotten, or so I think, my password for my bb ID. When I go to "forget password" and follow the instructions the email that it says I'm going to get never comes??
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bb I'd password recovery

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please review this KB:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

In all cases, receipt of the email is required...but, for security reasons, the email IS NOT delivered to the handset. Therefore, you must be using an email account on your BB ID that you can retrieve from other than the handset itself (e.g., yahoo, google, etc.).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Ladylorac
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks the email I am using is delivered to my handset. But I will check my pc. Also when I try set up a new ID it tells me that email is in use. This can be so complicated???
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ladylorac wrote:
Thanks the email I am using is delivered to my handset. But I will check my pc.

The specific BB ID emails you need are automatically not delivered to the handset...as a security measure to protect your BB ID account.

Ladylorac wrote:
Also when I try set up a new ID it tells me that email is in use.

The email address is the master User ID of the BB ID account...so, naturally, there can only be one use of a specific email account within the entire BB ID system.

Ladylorac wrote:
This can be so complicated???

Once you understand how it works, it's not complicated at all. Much like most things in life...the more you "get used to" a thing, the less complicated it feels to you.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
iamsostupid
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: me

Kind of same as my situation
I made a bb I'd then someone took my phone and deleted my I'd
I got my phone back then made another bb I'd and when I sign in it Says 'enter the username that is assoctiated with the smart phone' and I don't know what that means
Pleeeease help :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

iamsostupid wrote:
Kind of same as my situation
I made a bb I'd then someone took my phone and deleted my I'd
I got my phone back then made another bb I'd and when I sign in it Says 'enter the username that is assoctiated with the smart phone' and I don't know what that means
Pleeeease help :smileysad:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Basically, it means what it says. The person who took your BB changed the BB ID with which your BB is associated...and until some things are done, only that BB ID can be used on that BB. You must now perform the same steps required to change the BB ID that is associated to your BB:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

The remedy is drastic, but it is required.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.