Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kabirpawa
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: croma

bb curve & croma shops.......a hash

dear readers,

i had purchased a bb phone after much demand from my work and colleagues and was a proud owner like all of you here.

my mishaps have taken place from the very first day and i would request anyone willing to guide me, as to how i should proceed. any and all guidance is being appreciated with a "thank you" in advance -

1. on the day of purchase i noticed that the box had been tampered with and there was a kind of ascratch on the phone. taking it back to the dealer i found out that he had actually, knowlingly handed me a used phone saying that it had been returned by someone a couple of days ago, but adding that there was nothing wrong.

i insisted that, i paid for a new phone and should get a new phone. he quitened me down and promised he would get me a new one in a few days and he did.

2. approx 15 to 18 months into the usage and the track ball goes bust. for a company with such a hihg grading of quality and standard, to have such a failure was bad. i am not into games and only my wife plays a little which is when i allow her  to  touch my phone. there has been no rough usage, water falling on the instrument or anything like that. but this track ball set me down with a cost of rs 1200/- plus labour charges.

3. now in less than 2 yrs the BLACK BERRY phone has conked out. its become a useless, dead piece of garbage. i was told by the only service centre in bombay which is a good 20 to 30 km away from my place that it would cost me rs.10,000/- to replace the mother board, hence in effect, it would be cheaper to buy a new phone than to just repair this one. and for this input of information also i was charged rs 220/-.

hence, my question. where do i go from here.

can bb be trusted to sell a sturdy product or was i one of the "unlucky" who got stuck with a defective manufactured unit.

is croma at fault. are they buying refurbished goods to increase their bottom line thereby selling inferior products at market value and causing agony to their innocent clients.

thank you for reading this outburst and apperciate any feedback

rgds

kabir pawa

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bb curve & croma shops.......a hash

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You have a very sad story indeed...and I am sorry that you have had such bad luck...but I would say that it's indeed just bad luck...

kabirpawa wrote:

can bb be trusted to sell a sturdy product or was i one of the "unlucky" who got stuck with a defective manufactured unit. 

With devices designed, built, and operated by humans, perfection cannot be attained and there will always be a defect rate greater than zero. Consequently, from what you've told us, I can only surmise that you are unlucky indeed. One failure out of millions certainly would be within an acceptable defect rate for any company.

kabirpawa wrote:

is croma at fault. are they buying refurbished goods to increase their bottom line thereby selling inferior products at market value and causing agony to their innocent clients.

I'm afraid that is it unlikely that anyone here can know the answer to that. But, given your experience, I would certainly not trust them...although they did eventually "make good" on your original purchase, and properly adhered to all warranty provisions that BlackBerry extends. You might find some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...after all, one case hardly qualifies as a systemic manufacturing defect, and unless you had more generous warranty terms than are normal, you are now outside of your warranty period. An unlucky situation indeed, but I do not believe (unless the shop is indeed evil) there is anything beyond that here.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.