Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: China Unicom

bb curve wont start

Hello all

I have a BB curve 8520.I was using it yesterday and i didnt notice the battery level till the end.I plugged it on a charger(my mobile's battery at that time was totally down)and waited for about half an hour.It did not start.Again,I waited for about an hour.Still,it did not start.
Can anyone please help me as it is very urgent?
HFMF96
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: bb curve wont start

Does it show anything when plugged in? flashing LED? Battery icon?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

nopes.....it stays as it is..
HFMF96
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are you sure the charger is working? Can you test it on another device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

yes....the charger's fine.....i tested it on my dad's mobile and it started charging
HFMF96
Guru II

Have you tried removing the battery and reinserting and trying the charge again?
Contributor

if u didnt understand my problem....here.....i was using my phone.the battery almost was down.i left the mobile to get the charger.when i came back,i found that the battery was totally down and the mobile was off.i plugged the charger but the phone didnt startup
HFMF96
Guru II

I completely understand the problem. You may need to leave it on quite some time before it comes up. Occasionally, totally depleting a battery will make it unusable. If it gets below a certain voltage it will never recover. Can you get somewhere and try a replacement battery? We just need to rule out the battery itself if it won't come back on.
Contributor

i have a spare battery which is about half chargred....i tried using that one but it didnt work
HFMF96
Guru II

It sounds like there may be more problems than just the battery.