Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

bb_file_explorer

[ Edited ]

I was deleted bb_file_explorer module. Now facing problem to using media. Now what can I do? Why find this module? Device is bb curve 8520.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: bb_file_explorer

You will need to reinstall the OS....it likely won't reinstall the entire OS but it will install any missing modules.

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file version you are using.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Complete the process and it should reload just that module if you're using the same OS you already have installed.  If you installed a newer OS to your computer then it will backup the device, load the new OS, and restore the backup file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

In this time I was install bb_file_explorer. Now media all icon has come but cannot play any Song or video. This massage show "unable to play". 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Did you reboot the device by pulling the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Contributor

No. I just restart device with hold this button "alt+shift+del".
Guru I

noman6999 wrote:
This link 404 not found?
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

It's working for me.  Brings up a list of all the carrier download sites.  You need to download and install to your PC the same version OS that is on your BB.  Then run loader.exe as instructed.  It will then load any missing .cod files that you may have removed.  If that doesn't work then you may have to consider doing a clean OS reload.

Contributor

How re install OS with download carrier

Recently download the carrier of my blackberry curve 8520. Now I can re install this carrier to offline? Its mean when I reinstall/reload  this carrier to my device then need any internet connection?

Guru I

Re: How re install OS with download carrier

If you follow the instructions I posted above you will be able to update the OS without an Internet connection. If you're upgrading from, say, OS 4.5 to OS 5.0 then your BB device will need a data plan in order to upgrade.
Contributor

Re: How re install OS with download carrier

I'm successfully updated my device :smileyhappy: . Thanks for yours appreciable Reply.