Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mk5597
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: bb keeps rebooting

okay, i used the AppLoader program to try and see if that would help, and three out of three times it came up with an error when it was trying to do something with JVM, i gave up with that tryed to reboot the phone again to see if anything had worked, and all i got was that message i put previously 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh...so you've been going a totally different route than what I've been talking about, which means all that I've been saying is pretty much useless. Feels like I'm spitting into the wind here.

If you want my help, I'm glad to give it...but it's a 2-way street, and it's really hard to help you if you are going in totally different directions.

Again, the 507 is usually a good thing. And the tricks and methods I've given you above (which, from what you now reveal, you've really not tried at all) should allow you to install a BB OS to the BB. All you need do to try them is scroll up, read, and actually do what they say.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mk5597

which would you suggest is a more useful link?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mk5597

i stand corrected i was not using the AppLoader program at all i was doing your exact words on your second "trick", however was not aware that the battery had to be inserted before the install was selected, i am sorry, im only 16 and new to BlackBerry sorry.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

mk5597 wrote:

which would you suggest is a more useful link?

Well, first I'd recommend you do what I advised way back up in post 8...be sure you have, installed to your PC, both the latest Desktop Software as well as the BB OS package that you desire to install to your BB. I no longer know what you have done and not done from all that I've already said, so I must repeat myself and hope that you will not again go off to a direction that is totally different, yet leave me thinking you are following along with the advice I am giving.

Then, I'd say try KB10144 now that you have the 507. I realize you earlier said that you'd tried that, but what I did not know then was that you were not following my guidance, so we basically have to start over now (If you choose to follow along, that is...).

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mk5597 wrote:
i stand corrected i was not using the AppLoader program at all i was doing your exact words on your second "trick", however was not aware that the battery had to be inserted before the install was selected, i am sorry, im only 16 and new to BlackBerry sorry.

Uggg...ok...more changes to the information. I'm feeling like I'm going to get whiplash...

Anyway...start over, go slow, read everything, go slow, read everything again, go slow, go slow, go slow (have I said "go slow" and "read everything" enough?).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mk5597

i currently have a green loading bar, in a program that goes by the title of "Updating Blackberry device Software" i assume this is okay, however its near the end and i need to know whether to cancel it?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Don't cancel it. From that description, this is good. Let it finish completely. Be patient.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mk5597

It finished and my phone continued to start the loading screen (you know the one with the blackberry logo and the thin white bar below)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...that's good. Let it finish booting up...it might take a while. Be patient. Don't touch anything while it does.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.