Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
alimayet
My Device: 9300 & 8520
Accepted Solution

bb9300 freezes

My BB 9300 Freezes 3/4 times  a day. This started only after I updated my software via the BB desktop PC, WHICH I did few days ago.It also tells me FREE SPACE :15MB. Prior to the update it was 32mb????

:Clap:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: bb9300 freezes

alimayet wrote:

My BB 9300 Freezes 3/4 times  a day. This started only after I updated my software via the BB desktop PC, WHICH I did few days ago.It also tells me FREE SPACE :15MB. Prior to the update it was 32mb????

Hi alimayet

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

AS you mentioned you updated your device OS so I assume you updated your device to OS6 , is it correct ! OS6 consume more memory then OS5 , so if your device freezes continously then please remove some application  that you use rarely and also any additional language packs so that your device can get some free memory .

Also check this Knowledge Base for maximizing free space on our BlackBerry :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
alimayet

Yes IT IS 6.0..0.570

I updated to version 6 during 2012 and further updated to ...570  last week.

When I updated in 2012, I had no problem but on the 2nd Update[....570] it started.

Can I revert to version 5, if yes how?

I have deleted few App. and just got at the most 3Apps[ small apps.] and it still Freezes!!!

REFORMAT???????

Elite II
prince2012

Hi alimayet

I think you have something else stored on your device memory other then those 3 application, Do you have a Media Card on your device and where are your media files stored ?Have you enabled Media Card support on your device ,  please check that , if you have stored on your device memory then transfer those files to your Media Card , for that check this Knowledge Base :

KB05478 Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Also As I said remove any additional language from your device, have you enabled Memory Cleaner  on your device ? Check Options > Security > Memory Cleaner, If it is enabled then please Disable it,  It can also cause freezing and clocking.

Of course you can Downgrade your device to OS5 , if you want that and want assistance please let us know.But many users are running OS6 on there BlackBerry Curve 9300 without any issues , so I suggest first try those steps and if those fails then you can try downgrading your OS.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
alimayet

Yes there was some pictures and music files on device, I have copy/paste to media and my memory kb is back.
wow
thank you
Elite II
prince2012

Hi alimayet

Wow that great  :smileyhappy:  We are glad that you are able to fix the memory issue .

Cheers !